How about a good old Five Things for Friday post? Here are 5 things that are on the top of my mind this Friday.
Or Thursday night, actually, if you want the entire truth…
- I keep getting scared to say this out loud, but I think I might be past most of my nausea from pregnancy (in case you missed that announcement via facebook). I keep thinking that and then wind up feeling terribly nauseous at the smell of spicy soup or tomato anything. I’m definitely having less, though, even if it’s not completely gone. I believe it’s safe to say Jonathan is enjoying having me cook regularly again. And I’m quite enjoying eating something other than cereal and rice cakes.
- Speaking of eating, I’ve been on a grapefruit craze this week. I’m averaging 2 a day – sometimes more or less. We’re just about depleted, so I’m gonna have to make a grocery store run STAT. I’ve also just about polished off the entire bag of Riesens Jonathan got for me.
Grapefruit + candy. Give and take.
- Let’s just keep talking about food, mkay? I tried Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup this month and it did not disappoint. My family devoured this soup with cheese + avocado. It’s going on repeat for sure.
- On Wednesday, I filled up a big old bag of clothes to send to ThredUp. A couple weeks ago, I went through my closet and made a massive stack of clothes I never wear. I decided to keep them around a little while just in case I had “cleaner’s remorse” … no such feeling ever came. So I plopped them all in a bag and am going to see if I can trade them for clothes or cash. I’ve done this a couple times before. In fact, I just ordered some things this week (for free!) in light of my expanding belly. These shorts & this funky-ish vest made the cut as well as some non-maternity shirts (this one) that I’m hoping will be long + stretchy enough to work for most of the pregnancy.
Time will tell. If you sign up here to poke around ThredUp, you’ll get $10 to shop and so will I. Double win.
- Yesterday afternoon I was in the kitchen prepping dinner, my daughter was peeling carrots, and my boys were constructing a large “swimming pool” out of various and sundry household items (water was not involved). We were listening to The Boxcar Children and I thought, “Hey. I have a really great life.”
And I just had to freeze that moment in my mind for a bit. Because it’s been a bit of a tough week. A week in which I’m feeling extremely needy of grace. One where I’m leaning HARD into the Lord and His Word. This phrase from Psalm 18:30 stuck out to me this week: “The Word of the Lord proves true.” I’m incredibly grateful that God’s Word proves true. That you can press into it as hard as you can with all the struggles + life’s questions and it will never – absolutely never – come back untrue. Praise God for His faithful character and the steadfast truth of His Word.Speaking of, did you catch the most recent Dwelling Richly interview with Denise Cunningham? Here’s the whole list of interviews. A couple new interviewees have been added at the bottom, so check it out to see if there’s someone you know!
Happy Friday to you, my friends!